Welcome to TurkoTek's Discussion Forums

Archived Salons and Selected Discussions can be accessed by clicking on those words, or you can return to the Turkotek Home Page. Our forums are easy to use, and you are welcome to read and post messages without registering. However, registration will enable a number of features that make the software more flexible and convenient for you, and you need not provide any information except your name (which is required even if you post without being registered). Please use your full name. We do not permit posting anonymously or under a pseudonym, ad hominem remarks, commercial promotion, comments bearing on the value of any item currently on the market or on the reputation of any seller. Turkotek Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report--Textile Society of America

View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2008, 04:14 PM   #2
Marty Grove

G'day and lucky you Jeff to experience it; thanks for bringing us such a diverse range of subject matter to think about.

The piece from Carol Bier about symbols and their relationship in Islamic art I'd like, and that from Olga Bush about architecture and art from the beautiful Allhambra. Then Casselman on dyes - this is often foremost in our minds. Also interesting to me would be the talk on New Guinea fibre fabrications from Allessandro and Hellmich as there are items of this work around my place.

This is as far as I have perused so far; I wonder if the full text of the talks will ever be seen on the Net? Much food for research.

Thanks again,
Marty.